Sunday, July 12, 2009

volunteering and the work place

My view is there is always someone in more need than you and if you can help them, you do just that, help that person. I carry that over to the work place. While going to graduate school, I heard what company of various sizes were doing to encourage employees to volunteer on paid company time. I fully support this, I think people would benefit in many ways from volunteering. Due to the political correctness of today, some people go overboard and some wouldn't participate no matter how easy you made it. While I can see a need for parameters, whats wrong with just saying lets just do it for Jack's Kids and just doing it and if the company time so be it. Reasonable parameters should be amount of time donated and when one can volunteer . (you wouldn't want your employee leaving if he/she had a big project ending that afternoon and it wasn't quite done yet)



I think this can be a win win situation for all. Consider lending a hand to a worthwhile charity today.

No comments:

Post a Comment